What are some nearby airports?
Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).
What time does the training begin?
Aloft Austin at The Domain, 11601 Domain Drive, Austin TX 78758
There are several other accommodations available in the area offering a variety of lodging types and prices. You may want to conduct a search online for options available for your reservations. It's preferable to be within walking distance of the training location to avoid traffic.
Depends. A taxi from the airport to your hotel should suffice, and shuttle services from the hotel are often provided—check with your hotel.
Do I need to fly in the day before and leave the night after?
This primarily depends on if you are able to arrive early enough the day of the class to meet the scheduled start time. Most people tend to fly in the night before a training so they can check into their hotel. It is very possible to catch a flight out the same night as the final day of training, as long as you are conscious of the 5:30 p.m. end time.
What is the dress code?
Business casual, unless there is very bad weather, in which case you should dress appropriately.
What if I have to cancel at the last minute?
Please review our cancellation policy.
- Cancellations must be received in
- Cancellations received less than 10 business days before the first day of training will be charged 50% of the training
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the first day of training will be charged 100% of the training
- The 280 Group reserves the right to cancel the training with 10 business days’ In this case, all fees paid will be fully refunded. The 280 Group will not be responsible for any other expenses incurred by attendees, such as non-cancelable airline or hotel fees, etc.
What if I need to transfer to another date and/or location or to another colleague?
Please review our transfer policy.
- Transfers will be The 280 Group must receive the notice in writing from the initial class registrant with the name of the individual who is receiving the transfer, and/or with the new training date and/or location, if applicable.
- Course transfer requests received less than 5 business days before the first day of training will be charged a $500 late transfer
What happens if I have a meeting scheduled during the class hours?
We ask that all cell phones and email be completely turned off during class and that students use the numerous breaks and lunch to take care of any business. If attendees need to leave class they are free to do so, but we ask that they leave quietly and not disturb the class.
We highly recommend that attendees not do this for a number of reasons:
- They may miss information that is critical for the certification
- The instructor will not spend class time reviewing anything they miss, so if material is dependent upon something they have missed, it may be difficult for them to understand
- Additionally, the certificates are delivered at the end of the
Can I use a laptop, tablet, or smartphone during class hours?
It is acceptable to use a laptop or tablet to take notes during class sessions. However, as a courtesy to the instructor and other students, please do not use laptops, tablets, and cell phones for email, web browsing, etc., except during class breaks and lunchtime. Please use the breaks and lunch to take care of any business.
We do a post-class survey at the end of class. While this may be done from your mobile phone, you might want to have your laptop available to complete this survey in a time effective manner.
Is Wi-Fi service available?
Wi-Fi service is generally available. As noted above, you are requested to check email only during class breaks and lunchtime.